- Grand Prix of St. Petersburg named New Season Opener on February 25-27
- SRO’s Sprint Championship to now Feature Eight Race Weekends in 2022
- GT Racing to be featured on Two IndyCar Race Weekends
This season, SRO Motorsports America reignited its sprint racing heritage by creating the GT America powered by AWS championship. A true celebration of sports car racing with its single driver, 40-minute double-headers that featured non-stop action with GT3, GT2, and GT4 machinery.
For 2022, the second edition looks to capitalize on the momentum GT America has shown in it’s debut season. The originally announced schedule featured many of America’s top circuits like Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Road America, and Sebring. Plus, the newly introduced Music City Grand Prix in the heart of Nashville added the extra flair to bring GT racing back to IndyCar race weekends.
The now eight-round championship will kick-off the new season at the Grand Prix of St. Petersburg in Florida on February 25th - 27th, 2022. The streets of St. Petersburg are no stranger to SRO America competition, with Pirelli GT4 America and TC America powered by Skip Barber racing on the temporary circuit last in 2019.
“We’re really excited to add the Grand Prix of St. Petersburg back to our SRO America calendar,” said president and CEO of SRO Motorsports America, Greg Gill. “GT America powered by AWS brings high tech sports cars from the top tier brands, with world class GT drivers to the streets for an unforgettable experience.”
Updated 2022 GT America powered by AWS Schedule
- February 25-27 | Grand Prix of St. Petersburg
- April 15-17 | Sonoma Raceway
- June 17-19 | VIRginia International Raceway
- July 22-24 | Watkins Glen International
- August 5-7 | Music City Grand Prix
- August 19-21 | Road America
- September 23-25 | Sebring International Raceway
- October 7-9 | Indianapolis Motor Speedway
Teams/Drivers - for more information, please contact Series Director - Staci Langham - firstname.lastname@example.org.